Dr. Anita Misra (Sociology Department)
Assistant Professor | 18 Years of Experience
Specialization : Gender Relations, Political Sociology, Rural & Urban Sociology
Qualification : M.A., Ph.D, NET
PHD Details : 2011, Emerging Norms and Gender Relations in an Urban Setting
- Changing Normative Patterns In An Urban Setting: A Study With Special Reference To Gender Relations In Indian Society Published in International Journal of Research in Social Sciences February 2016. ISSN:2249-2496. Thompson Reuters.
- Female Foeticide in Modern Scientific World: Debating Education Published in World Journal of Science and Research. 2016. ISSN:
- Sociology of Music:Cultural and Therapeutic Aspect Published in International Journal of Music Therapy Vol 2, Issue 1-2/2013. ISSN:2249-8664.
Proceeding / Book
- Evaluation of Vivekananda’s Thought on Religion and God in Perspective Published by Swami Vivekanand Study Centre, Km Mayawati Government Girls Post Graduate College, Badalpur, Gautambudh Nagar. ISBN:978-93 -80216-06-5.
- Survival of Urban Poor:Critical Evaluation of Plans,Policies and Development Model Published in Proceeding of National Seminar on Urban Poverty and Dynamics of Development, Government Postgraduate College, Noida 2014. ISBN:978-93-80216-18-8.
- Cultural Ethos and the Issue of Environment Protection Published in the Proceeding of National Seminar on Role of Education in Environment Protection and Conservation, Mayawati Government Girls Post Graduate College, Badalpur, Gautambudh Nagar 2014. ISBN:978-81-89495-38-1.
- Sagotra Marriage:Conflict between Uniformity of Law and Diversity of Traditions Published in Proceeding of National Seminar on Rural Development in India 2011. ISBN:978-81910749-1-8.
Applied for Major Research Project to UGC on Study of School Dropout incidences among children of lower Income group in \'A\' Class Town: A Socio Cultural Analysis.
- Paper presented in International Seminar – \"Done with Eurocentrism? - Directions and Debates in History and Sociology\" on Studying the Indian Society in Western Way: Evaluating the Theoretical Models Adopted by Indian Sociologist Organized by Bielefeld University, Germany.
- Paper presented in International Seminar – \"Work, Stress and Health: Recent Perceptions, Future Trends\" on Redefining Gender Roles in Transforming Society: An Analytical Study of Stress and Role Conflict Organized by St. Bede\'s College, Shimla.
- Paper presented in International Seminar – \"Knowledge & Politics in Gender and Women\'s Studies\" on Changing Normative Patterns in an Urban Setting: A Study with Special Reference to Gender Relations in Indian Society Organized by Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey.
National Conference / Seminar
- Guest Speaker / Resource Person
- Guest Speaker in National Seminar on Role of Education in Preventing Female Foeticide, Delivered lecture on\' Female Foeticide in Modern Scientific World: Debating Education,MKR.Government Degree College, Ghaziabad.
- Resource Person in National Seminar on Role of Education in the Protection of Women\'s Safety and Dignity, Delivered lecture on Education and Women Security: Issues and Concerns, KMGGP.G.College, Badalpur.
- Chairperson in a Technical Session of a National Seminar on \"Role of Reservation in the Upliftment of Backward Classes. Thought and Implementation.\" Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Postgraduate College, Sambhal, BheemNagar.
- Invited Lecture by IQAC of Mihir Bhoj Postgraduate College, Dadri. Delivered lecture on \'Urban Poverty and Dynamics of Development\'.
- Presented paper on ‘Vivekananda\'s Concept of Religion and God\' in Seminar organized by UGC sponsored Swami Vivekananda Study Centre.
- Presented paper on \'Violence Agaisnt Women: Socio-Psychological Analysis of Crisis of Adjustment of the Victim. In ICSSR sponsored National Seminar KMGGP.G.College, Badalpur.G.B.Nagar
- Paper presented on Radhakamal Mukherjee\'s Hierarchy of Values: Correlation Between Ancient and Modern Values. UGC sponsored National Seminar organized by Ismail, National Women College, Meerut.
- Paper presented on Environmental Hazards: Crisis of Modernity. ICSSR sponsored National Seminar organized by Department of Economics, CCS University, Meerut.
- Paper presented on Women Empowerment: Bridging Gap between Inequality and Equality National Seminar organized by P.R. Government P.G.College, Etawah.
- Paper presented on Survival of Urban Poor: Critical Evaluation of Plans, Policies and Development Model National Seminar organized by Department of Economics GPGC, Noida.
- Paper Presented on ICT Aided Teaching: Crisis of Knowledge or Abundance of Information National Seminar organized by GPGC Kandhala,Prabudh Nagar.
- Paper Presented on E education: Technological Resource vs Human Resource. National Seminar organized by GPGC Noida.
- Paper Presented on Gender Roles-Stress Strains and Role Conflict. National Seminar organized by KMGGPG College, Badalpur
- Paper Presented on Globalization: Indian Scene: Catalyst in Socio Cultural Change. Organized by XXVIII All India Sociological Conference, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur.
- Paper Presented on Globalization, Media and Culture: Indian Perspective, UGC sponsored National Seminar organized by DAV, Kanpur.
- Paper Presented on Tribal Uprisings: Quest for New Identities Conference organized by Uttar Pradesh Sociological Association, University of Lucknow.
Awards and Recognition
- Best Paper Presentation Award in National Seminar organized by Department of Zoology GPGC Noida on Bio-Musicology, Music Therapy and their Medical Implementation.
- Certificate of Appreciation by Principal Government P.G. College Noida for successfully organizing 3 days Rover Rangers Inter-Collegiate, CCS University Rally as Organizing Secretary.
- Received Dr. B.S.Haikerwal Memorial Gold Medal for securing first position in postgraduate final year exam.
- Certificate of Appreciation by Noida Administration for contribution in U.P. Government Laptop distribution programme.