Mrs. Sugandha S (English Department)
Assistant Professor | 9 Years of Experience
Specialization : Twentieth Century British Literature
Qualification : B.A., M.A., Persuing Ph.D
PHD Details : Enrolled in Ph.D Program in CCS University, Meerut since January 2015
- Paper entitled \"THE OTHER\" IN THE LIFE OF PI published in The Criterion: A Refereed International journal in English. ISSN (0976-8165) Vol. III, Issue, II. (June 2012)
- Paper entitled \"THE EMERGENCE OF COMMERCIAL FICTION IN INDIA\" published in Literary Insight: A Refereed International Journal ISSN 0975-6248, Volume-4, Issue-1, January 2013
- Paper entitled \\\"Capital Punishment : A Deterrent For Crime ?\\\" presented and subsequently published in the proceedings of the national seminar \\\"Crime, Law and Society in India\\\" conducted by S.M.P. Govt. Girls\\\' PG College, Meerut on March 13 & 14, 2011.
- Paper entitled \\\"The White Tiger : A Postmodernist Reading\\\" published in Spectrum: An International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences ISSN 2319-6076, Volume-1, Issue-2, Jul-Aug 2013.
- Paper entitled \\\"Narcopolis: The City of Possession and Dispossession\\\" published in The Context: A Refereed International e-journal in English. ISSN (2349-4948) Vol. II, Issue III. (June 2015).
- Paper entitled \\\"Witness the Night: A Contemporary Study of Crime Against Women\\\" presented and subsequently published in the proceedings (ISSN 2249-4197) of the national seminar \\\"The Role of Education in Preventing Female Foeticide\\\" conducted by M. K. R. G. Degree College, Meerut on March 5, 2016.
Conferences / Workshops / Seminars
- Attended One Day Workshop on Linguistics and Phonetics organised by CCS University, Meerut-College English Teachers\\\' Association(CETA) at SMP Govt. Girls\\\' PG College, Meerut on January 24, 2013.
- Presented paper entitled \\\"The White Tiger: An Autobiography of a Half Baked Man\\\" in the international seminar Literature and Marginality: Comparative perspectives in African, American, Australian and Indian Dalit Literature organised by IGNOU, New Delhi on Feb 20-22, 2013.
- Presented paper entitled \\\"Man woman relationship in the novels of Anita Desai\\\" in the national seminar Dynamics of Human Relations In Literature organised by CCS University, Meerut-College English Teachers\\\' Association(CETA) on March 08 & 09, 2013.
- Presented paper entitled \\\"Man nature relationship in the poems of William Wordsworth\\\" in the national seminar Challenges and Road Ahead : A Macro Cosmic Analysis of Sustainable Development sponsored by Higher Education Department, Govt. of U.P. under the auspices of V.R.A.L. Govt. Mahila College, Bareilly on Feb 01-02, 2014.
- Presented paper entitled \\\"The White Tiger: A Gandhian Dystopia\\\" in the international seminar The World Crisis and the Gandhian Vision sponsored by UGC under the auspices of Ismail National PG College, Meerut on Jan 20-21,2015.
Orientation / Refresher Programme Attended
- Participated in the 106th four week Orientation Program organised by the UGC- ASC, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi from 21 October to 20 November, 2013 and obtained grade A.
- Participated in the 1st Refresher course in Environmental Studies organised by the UGC- ASC, Jawahar Lal Nehru University, New Delhi from August 29,2016 to September 23, 2016 and obtained grade A.